- AFCI Outlet
- Carbon Monoxide Detectors
- Ceiling Fans
- Electric Panel and Fuse Box Services
- Circuit Breakers
- Electrical Wiring
- Flat Screen TV Installation
- GFCI Outlet Installation
- Home Theater Installation
- Home Theater Repair
- Indoor Lighting
- Outdoor Lighting
- Pools and Jacuzzi Tubs
- Smoke Detectors
- Surge Protection
- A/C and Heating
- New Construction
Commercial & Industrial Electrical
Electrical Panel and Fuse Box Services in Chelmsford, MA
The idea of operating your home without the power it needs is simply unfathomable. However, many Chelmsford-area homes are actually operating on too-little power, resulting in flickering lights, blown fuses or tripped circuit breakers, or even charring on outlets. The average home uses 200 amps of power, and if your fuse or electrical box isn’t able to provide that much power, you may be struggling to support your home's electrical needs. This is where the expert Chelmsford electricians from Ryan Gath Electric come in to help.
Our master electricians can help you upgrade your fuse or circuit breaker box so that your home has the power it needs, and gets it safely and securely. If your fuse or electrical box does fit your current needs, we can make sure it continues to do so with expert repair and maintenance services. The electrical power coming into your home is formidable and needs to be safely managed. Give the expert electricians at Ryan Gath Electric a call to schedule electrical panel and fuse box services in Chelmsford, MA and the surrounding area.
When you need help with your electrical panel or fuse box in Chelmsford, MA, call the pros you can count on: Ryan Gath Electric.
Reasons to Upgrade Your Fuse Box
Fuse boxes may seem like a thing of the past, but there are a good number of homes still operating with them. However, here are some very good reasons why you may want to consider upgrading your fuse box to an electrical box in the near future:
- You may be penalized by your home insurance company – on the whole, fuse boxes are looked at as being outdated by the home insurance industry. As such, you may have trouble keeping your coverage in force if you have a fuse box, or you may find that your premium is more expensive due to having a fuse box.
- There isn’t enough power being distributed to your home – fuse boxes max out at around 100 amps; they just weren’t made to provide more electricity than this. With the average home needing 200 amps, you may be struggling to adequately power your home and dangerously overloading your existing electrical system because of it.
- You are adding on to your home – whether you are remodeling a kitchen or adding a family room, you will need more power, and your fuse box may not be able to deliver it.
Call Our Chelmsford Electricians for Professional Fuse Box Services
There aren’t a lot of DIY electrical jobs around your home, but if there’s one that will just about never fit into this category, it’s fully updating your home’s electrical or fuse box. Not only can the process be incredibly unsafe for an untrained person, you may actually break exiting local or state regulations. This is because the process doesn’t involve just sticking another box in there, it involves your electric company and the wire leading into your home.
Fuse & Electric Box Services in Chelmsford and the Surrounding Area
The process for upgrading your existing electrical box is like this: it is likely you’ll need to obtain a permit for the work, which Ryan Gath Electric will handle. We then coordinate with your electric company to turn off all power coming into your home. Many times the main electrical wire bringing the electricity into your home will need to be replaced, and the location of the electrical box may need to be adjusted as well. The new electrical box will need to be connected to the main utility wire, and there may be other components that need upgrading as well so that your new electrical panel delivers your electricity safely. The power is turned back on once the panel is fully and correctly installed.
The bottom line: it’s imperative to call an electrical expert when you need help with your fuse or electrical panel in Chelmsford or the surrounding area. We have experts available around the clock, so just give us a call.